Breast Cancer Expert Forum
scared teen

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

scared teen
OK, I'm 13 years old. When i was taking a shower like 2 or 3 hours ago, i felt a lump in my right breast. I AM TERRIFIED!!! i read online and im pretty sure its a fibroadenoma. (I can spell it, didn't say i could pronounce it). i read fibros could move,but this doesnt. plus, i'd be 18 b4 it went away on its own. Somebody please tell wat 2 do!
Dear Snowflake1216:  It is extremely rare for cancer to develop in a woman in her teens.  Lumps and bumps can be pretty common.  Since this is new, it makes sense to show it to your mom and have her make you a doctors appointment for evaluation.