seroma
Hi.. Howlong should you  let a seroma go (if is isnt absorbing back into the tissues) before you get it aspirated by a needle?  How can I get the seoma to go away myself, by heat or  warm moist heat? does this really work?
No one can say exactly how long it will take for a seroma to reabsorb but it can be a considerable length of time. Have you consulted your surgeon about this to see what he/she advises ? It would be the surgeon's decision as to when and how to drain this. I had one post mastecomy and my surgeon did not believe in aspiration but put in another drain for a week or 10 days and that solved the problem. After the drain was removed the seroma did not recur.

A seroma usually takes days to weeks to resolve spontaneously, but in some rare cases it does take months too.

You should follow up with your surgeon regularly and get a clinical examination done to evaluate whether a needle aspiration or drain is required and if so, when.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Post us on what your surgeon advises.

Hope this helps.

Regards.