Breast Cancer Expert Forum
severe pain in left armpit

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

severe pain in left armpit

For the last 10 months,I have had a pain in my left armpit.I noticed a lump and went to my doctor,but once there, the pain went away. She said it probably was an ingrown hair that has gotten infected. That was 9 months ago. I've been getting treated by my chiropractor for my symptoms, but it is not helping anymore. He believes the pain is in my lymph nodes. It use to feel like there was an egg under my arm, but when I felt for it, I couldn't feel anything, just pain in the area. The pain is now going down my side, almost directly even with my breast. For the past month, I've had a low-grade fever, and my left breast is leaking white fluid. I do have an appointment with my Doctor tomorrow, but I was wondering what I should ask him as far as what this could be. I'm getting scared. I could also feel the pain on my breast bose directly under my breast.
Dear grrrr8, Discuss your symptoms with your doctor tomorrow, further evaluation as to the continued discomfort would be in order.
I have also had severe pain in my right armpit.   Feels like an egg under the armpit but when I cannot feel an actual lump.  Doctors have been unable to explain the cause.  Have also had severe pain and lump in my right breast - also undiagnosed.  Mammogram was clear but did show lump in skin tissue.   Should more tests be done?  Would be interested to hear of diagnosis of others with such symptoms.
A related discussion, Armpit pain and some pain that radiates to breast was started.