Breast Cancer Community
shadow

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

shadow

Firstly last week I found a lump in my left breast.
I had a mammogram today and was called in again to repeat on my left breast, I was then called in for an ultrasound at which point was told the lump was a cyst and it was drained. I was then called in to see the doctor thinking everything was ok. I was told that whilst doing the mammogram on the lump they had found a shadow higher up  and have asked me to go back for a biopsy of my breast tissue in a few days. The ultrasound showed nothing but the cyst, I did think it was odd as the radiographer seemd to be concentrating more on the area from the top of the breast to just below my collarbone and under my armpit.
Do you think I should be overly worried?
Thanks Denie

Don't worry too much yet.  The doctor is being very thorough.  It may be nothing, but if it is, it looks like they will have caught the problem early and you have no lump yet.  Fingers crossed you get a good result.  Let us know how you get on.
Avatar n tn
Hope you are ok!
Thankyou for your reply, I will let you know.