Breast Cancer Community
shapes of lumps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

shapes of lumps

I have a lump  in my left breast. It is just barely above the nipple and is fairly deep. The shape is also somewhat almond shaped rather than perfectly round and it is firm. I only found it recently, but because it is deep, I fear I may have missed it earlier when doing my self exams. I have no history of problems, although my first cousin and grandmother have had breast cancer. My yearly mammogram and checkup are in 10 days, so I will be having it looked at. In the meantime, I was wondering if there is any kind of relationship between the shape of lumps and malignancy?
1 Comment
The shape that Drs don't like to see is the one that taller than wide and with not smooth edge.  But mammogram and if needed, the Ultrasound will further diagnose. Keep calm, a lots lumps end up benign.

Best regards.