shooting sharp pain
Hi ladies,    I have a question; so I have been getting this sharp sort of electrical shooting pain that begins from under my right armpit, around  my upper ribcage, that goes into my right breast.  I've had this off n on for at least a couple of years.  I got a mam done 2 years ago (38) all good.  I just can't help but wonder if this could be related to breast cancer????  I have no lumps that I can see or feel, & it's not terrible pain, but when I have it I do notice it, & it usually only lasts seconds at a time.
Any thoughts???
thanks;)
Many women have breast tenderness and pain, also called mastalgia. It may come and go with monthly periods (cyclic) or may not follow any pattern (noncyclic).

Noncyclic pain is most common in women 30 to 50 years of age. It may occur in only one breast. It is often described as a sharp, burning pain that occurs in one area of a breast. Occasionally, noncyclic pain may be caused by a" fibroadenoma" or "cysts".(Both benign finding) If the cause of noncyclic pain can be identified, treating the cause may relieve the pain.

Breast pain can get worse with changes in your hormone levels or changes in the medicines you are taking. Stress can also affect breast pain. You are more likely to have breast pain before menopause than after menopause.Also try to cut down on your caffeine intake.

Breast pain is not a common symptom of breast cancer.Your last mammogram was done 2 years ago and having one done now would be advisable to check for any abnormality.Best wishes.

:

Thank you for your reply;)  Makes me feel better!  It's a strange sort of discomfort more than pain, & it just comes on quickly out of nowhere, as it leaves in the same way. Totally random!
I'm sure I will be getting another mam done within this year, since my paternal grandma @ 85+ years died of breast cancer, & my maternal cousin @ 40 (she had it for 8+years, but had a very poor diet/lifestyle, never had kids)
Anyway, thank you again;)