Breast Cancer Expert Forum
should i have my other breast removed
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

should i have my other breast removed

i was dx with breast cancer in feb 2002, had mastectomy to left breast, had 12 lymhps removed 3 was found to have cancer in them.
i was told that i had lobuler cancer so there was a chance it might return, i am having 8 sessions of chemo 4 called FEC and 4 a trial drug called TAXOTERE only got 1 more of these to get, then 15 sessoins of radiotherapy to start on 26 AUG after this i am to go on TAMOXEFIN for 5 years my question is,
with this cancer being a recurring one i am thinking of asking my surgon to give me a mastectomy on my other breast as i have heard this reduces the chances of it coming back by 90% and there is a history of breast cancer in my family my mother died from it when she was only 45 i am now 45 myself and i don't want to go through all this treatment again do you think this is the right thing to do