silicone implant replacement

In 1985 I had a (breast lift) Bilateral Mastopex of Augmentation with McGhan implants.  I have read different articles saying that after 20 years, the implants should be replaced.  Also that the silicone, if leaked in the body, could cause serious health issues and that they should be replaced with saline implants.  I went to a plastic surgeon and he said that I should not replace them, there is no definite proof that the silicone can be harmful.  I was also concerned that they had become lumpy, hard and uneven but the surgeon said that if I redid them they would eventually look the same after awhile.  I am also on hormone replacement therapy for 10 years now (due to osteoperosis) and was wondering if implants and HRT are not a good combination after a long period of time.  Please shed some light on this subject.  Thank you.  
Hi.  Your plastic surgeon is right when he said that there is no definite proof that the silicone is harmful.  There has not been any large scale study done to prove an association between silicone implants and an increased incidence of allergic or rheumatologic (example: scleroderma) disorders. The hormone replacement therapy should not have any effects on the implant so you don't need to worry about this. As for the lumpiness, there is little that can be done to correct this, short of replacing the implants.  Again, your surgeon is correct to say that those new implants would also develop "lumpiness" after a while.
Thank you for confirming what my plastic surgeon told me and for setting my mind at ease about the implants and HRT.

Happy New Year to you and your family and thank you for your prompt response.