Breast Cancer Community
skin mets

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

skin mets

I have had mastectomy , chemo and radiotherapy for ILC discovered in Jan 2009. One lymph node was involved. I now have itcy and bumpy  patch of skin on back of cancer side. Could this be skin mets or do they just usually appear on chest?
1 Comment
I would rather think that this may be due to the Radiation .... it does burn the skin you know. I would however advise you to call this to the attention of your Oncologist before you make any attempt to treat the symptoms. It could be biopsied but he/she may be able to determine the cause on careful examination.  I'd have it ck.d out sooner rather than later.   Regards ......