Breast Cancer Community
small lump near my nipple..
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

small lump near my nipple..

Hiya im 24 and today at the gym i noticed a small lump on my right breast, about 2cm away from my nipple (its not even the size of a pea like a large spot) anyway its a hard lump and is quite sensitive when you push it. Im going to get this checked with the doctor tomorow but its worrying me and im also worried the doctor will think im silly to go. I mean i know u wont be able to tell me if its cancerous or not just wondered if it sounds as though i need to get it checked over.

claire x
Related Discussions
4 Comments
Blank
Hi,

You should get it checked by your doctor - only a proper clinical examination would be able to give a probable diagnosis. There is nothing silly about this.

You should ask him whether this could be due to hormonal changes or infection.

Have you noticed any discharge or skin changes?

You should discuss all your doubts with the doctor.

Let us know what your doctor advises and also keep us posted about how you are doing.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
Blank
thanks for the advice i will make a appointment and go tomorow, i do have psoriasis which is a skin condition which seems to be on the lump like white scaly but there is a sore little lump there so i will go get it checked and let u know xx
Blank
Hi,

Yes, do keep us posted on what the doctor tells you.

Also, it would be advisable to carry out regular breast self examinations and report any abnormal features that you notice to your doctor.

Regards.
Blank
hi just to let you know the doctor said the lump was just a blocked milk duct and it will sort itself out the lump wasnt in my breast tissue. X
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank