Breast Cancer Community
small lump next to my nipple...cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

small lump next to my nipple...cancer?

I discovered a small little lump right next to my nipple when i was in the shower. it is not quite the size of a pea but only slightly smaller. it is not rock hard but is not squishy either. it is the same color as the skin it is on. i also noticed a few (3-5) little grey dots on that nipple so i sqweezed them like a pimple. it reacted like a black head would but these were complete solid black (like none of my black heads have ever looked) and had a much different texture, they were not hard/oily they felt gooey and sqwishy. should i get this lump checked? and if i do what would be the best form of detection?
Tags: Breast Cancer, nipple, lump, like black head
and im only 15
This doesn't sound at all like breast cancer to me,especially at your young age.You know,the skin of the breast is the same skin like on any other part on your body and the nipples/areolas are no exceptions,because they have sebaceous glands that can get clogged and form a pimple like lump,the same as clogged pores of the sweat glands in the face,forming a comedone,which is a blocked sweat gland due to dirt or skin debris.From what you have described,I think that the grey dots are blackheads caused by excess oils that have accumulated in the sebaceous gland's duct.You should refrain from squeezing them because you can make things worse and cause an infection.
You could apply warm compresses,use antibacterial soap and see if it  goes away in a few days.If it doesn't,yes you should have your doctor or a dermatologist take a look at it,so you can get a professional evaluation and have this problem treated accordingly.
Take care...
thank you so much, and that makes a lot of sense