Breast Cancer Expert Forum
small painless lump on rib cage

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

small painless lump on rib cage

hey  i am 29 and i  noticed that i have a lump on my rib cage. now the lump doesn't hurt  and it very soft. what  and where did this come from?????
Dear Rongy:  Without evaluation, it is impossible for us tot speculate on what this lump might be.  If you are concerned, it should be evaluated by your doctor.
I am the same age 29 and had the same thing.  I went to the doctor.  He told me it was a lipoma and sent me to another doctor who removed it the very same day.  He said they are common and can run in families.  They are typically soft and move around and do not hurt.  It took 20 minutes with the local anesthetic to get the tumor removed in his office.  Good luck to you
i had something like what you describe, my doc said it just felt like a small cyst and because it was below my breast on my ribs not on my breast she just said to leave it and keep an eye on it, but it has never got any bigger and wasnt/isnt painful.
A related discussion, found a lump was started.