Breast Cancer Community
sore breasts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

sore breasts

This isn't really cancer. I had sore breasts for 3 weeks. I thought caffine so I completely removed it from my diet. Still hurts, thought maybe my period, but for 3 weeks I don't think it would last that long (I had a hysterectomy years ago, so I never really know when it is coming). I just need to know why they would hurt so much and so badly, it is almost constant and sometimes it is so intense it brings tears to my eyes.
Are you sure you removed it from your diet. Hysterectomy and a period? I thought if you had a hysterectomy then you wouldn't get a period?

You should ask a doc what's up.
Yes I completely removed it and for the period I just meant I still have the symptoms, ie irritable, sore and swollen breasts......I just don't get the messy part. I don't think the symptoms would be lasting that long if that was the reason.

I went to the Docs today I have to see an ob/gyn and get a mammogram a.s.a.p.
I'am 48 years old, I have lumps on my left breast since I was 21 years old. Those lumps are not pain. And the position of those lumps are the same with my right breast, the differents only the lumps of my left breast are thickness. Now, I have a question, everytime I had my burp, my nerve on upper of my left armpit was sore. Do you have any idea what was the caused about?
i would check to see if you find any lumps what so ever, try to focus on where the pain is - that is if its only one? thats how i came across my lump - noticed the pain first actually then found a lump, so i would dobbel check
The pain is in both breasts, my right breast is way bigger than the left. There is pain the whole way around both of them but the closer you get to the nipple the more tender and painful it gets.
Well I had my mamo and sono done yesterday. It will be a while for the results of the mamo to come back but the sono showed 6 cysts in the right and a lot more in the left, she lost count. That would explain all the pain I have been in.