Breast Cancer Community
sore nipples and breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

sore nipples and breast

I have just started to recently have sore nipples that last a couple days and then disappear and then about a month later, it will happen again...The sides of my breasts under my arms are tender too...I just had a mammo done in December of 09 and it came back clear...Even the slightest touch to my nipples hurts and the sides of my breast are very tender...I am 40 years old and haven't had a period for 3 years, because I had the novasure oblation (ablation) in 06...I have no cracked nipples or any discharge...this is very disturbing to me...I was just at my gynecologist in december too and he did a breast exam and felt nothing...sometimes my nipples even feel like they are hot on the inside, but they are cool to the touch.....HELP!!!
1 Comment
From what you describe,sounds like hormonal problems.I would advise you to go see a Breast specialist if you are overly worried.A breast specialist would certainly know more about breasts conditions and probably run some more tests,like an Ultrasound or MRI, if he/she deems it necessary to do so.Cancer is almost never associated with breast pain,especially when both breasts and nipples are involved....but it's always best to have this problem checked out for your own peace of mind.Good luck and best wishes...