Breast Cancer Community
spider bite?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

spider bite?

Live in Fl. on farm. It has been one week since I started feeling a itchy, uncomfortable feeling in my left breast under nipple, size of quarter found read spot, looked like possible bite. Washed , cleaned, put on antibotic (antibiotic) cream and bandaid. Hurts throbbing inside breast under spot. Three days ago decided treatment not effective with cream, so started antibotics had here at home. generic for bactrim ds 800. Wound looking worse squeezed, not good idea. Now more pain and looks like red outer ring raised. Noticed this when applying peroxide and white bubbles under ring. We just were able to buy milk today for our supper, not a lot of extra money for doctor. Should I put bakingsoda paste and tough it out or should I go to Doc. I do not know what else they could do except maybe steriods?

This discussion is related to rash or bites on breast.
Hi there.

It's really not a good idea to try things out and I believe this may cost a person more in the long run.  From what you have described, it seems that the site is really infected and that the antibiotics you took may be inappropriate in terms of dose and duration.  I suggest that you just keep the area clean, not to put anything on it, no manipulation.  Show this to your doctor as soon as you are able to have this assessed properly.  I doubt if steroids are the prudent way to deal with this, and your doctor may prescribe the appropriate antibiotics.

Wishing you all the best.  Regards.
Hi, Thanks so much. I am continueing the cleaning, peroxide, and the antibotics 2 times a day. I also after reading other info. on the web started a black tar cream for boils called Goldline Ichthammol Ointement 20% that I got a while back a the pharm.  I put it on under a bandage last night and again this morning, it does look better today. I took some advil for the pain as suggested by other posters and that has helped to. Maybe the tax stimulas check will come this coming week and I can go and see a doctor. Thanks for helping. Sharon