Breast Cancer Community
stage 5 cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

stage 5 cancer

my friend has just been told she has stage 5 breast cancer but every one is saying there is no such thing as stage 5 cancer can you please help
I have only heard of stage 4. the next they call the last stage.
Hi,You are right,there is NO stage 5 breast cancer...what your friend might have heard is that her BIRADS score is a 5...(.BIRADS are used by radiologist to categorize the imagery seen on mammograms and they give a score from 1 to 5.A score of five means that the lesion seen in the mammogram or ultrasound ,is highly suspicious of malignancy..but a biopsy is the only test that will give an accurate diagnosis.As Versh mentioned the breast cancer stage goes only up to 4.Best wishes to your friend and you.