stereoscopic mammatome biopsy??
My girlfriend is having a Stereoscopic Mammatome Biopsy soon. We have researched the proceedure, but we are curious to how much pain and recovery time she will be in. ESPECIALLY ME!  If anyone has had this proceedure or knows more about it please reply. It will help put our minds at ease.  Thanx T.G
I had the procedure last week.  They gave me a valium for relaxation (told them my pulse was up after driving in the snow for 4 hours to get there).  Topical numbing agent, could bearly feel the several small needle pricks for total numbing.  The rest of the procedure was totally pain free.  I had order for no heavy lifting, shoveling snow, etc. for 24/48 hours.  Absolutely no followup pain.  Did wear a bra to bed the next couple of night as was suggested.  I was expecting some bruising, but had none.