Breast Cancer Expert Forum
surgery choise for a DCIS and a ADH
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

surgery choise for a DCIS and a ADH

I was diagnosed recently that I have a DCIS and an ADH on different locations of same breast.The DCIS is ER/PR negative and HER-2 positive. I was told that I have a choise of either do mastectomy or lumpectomy followed by whole breast radiation. If lumpectomy, the surgeon will remove both DCIS at 4'clock and ADH at 12'clock and the tissues in between. My questions are:
1. Based on my case, are lumpectomy a regular surgery choise?
2. Again, in my case, does lumpectomy and mastectomy have same recurrent rate?
with my age (52), and the factors of not being a pure DCIS (with ADH on different spot) and EP/PR negative and Her2 positive, do I take extra risk if I choose lumpectomy?  
Thank you for the help.