suspicious birads 4
I just received the results of my breast MRI.  It is suspicious birads 4; focal abnormal regional enhancement in the posterior left breast upper outter quadrant.  I had to have a targeted ultrasound of the left breast today and I have an apppointment for the surgeon on Monday as per the recommendation of the MRI results.  Everything I read about birads 4 say that it most likely is nothing.  My mom was diagnosed just before her 60th birthday with breast cancer and has 4 lumpectomies , chemo and radiation treatment. I'm just turning 40. Should I be worried?  I haven't been able to talk with my doctor yet.
A BIRADS category 4 means that whatever was detected in all the tests you had,is suspicious and nothing more than that.
To know for sure what this suspicious finding represents, I am sure that your surgeon will want to proceed with a biopsy which is the only way to know exactly what's going on.
I don't think that you should be overly worried about this right now,because many biopsied abnormalities are found to be benign and I sure hope that your biopsy results will be BENIGN also.
Please keep us posted.. Best wishes and good luck...