Breast Cancer Community
suspicious birads 4
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

suspicious birads 4

I just received the results of my breast MRI.  It is suspicious birads 4; focal abnormal regional enhancement in the posterior left breast upper outter quadrant.  I had to have a targeted ultrasound of the left breast today and I have an apppointment for the surgeon on Monday as per the recommendation of the MRI results.  Everything I read about birads 4 say that it most likely is nothing.  My mom was diagnosed just before her 60th birthday with breast cancer and has 4 lumpectomies , chemo and radiation treatment. I'm just turning 40. Should I be worried?  I haven't been able to talk with my doctor yet.
Tags: BIRAD 4
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
587083_tn?1327123862
Hi,
A BIRADS category 4 means that whatever was detected in all the tests you had,is suspicious and nothing more than that.
To know for sure what this suspicious finding represents, I am sure that your surgeon will want to proceed with a biopsy which is the only way to know exactly what's going on.
I don't think that you should be overly worried about this right now,because many biopsied abnormalities are found to be benign and I sure hope that your biopsy results will be BENIGN also.
Please keep us posted.. Best wishes and good luck...
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank