Breast Cancer Community
suspicious density

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

suspicious density

I am 43 yrs old, w/fibrocystic disease in both breasts, had prev biopsies in both for suspicious calcification clusters.  mammo every 6 mths for precaution.  Mother 15 yr BC survivior since age 54.  This mammo showed shadow in L B @ 12 position. spot compression then US shows:  an ill-defined round hypoechoic 9 mm mass, somewhat inhomogeneous in echodensity.  There is isoechoic posterior acoustic transmission.  Birads #4.  Ultrasound guided biopsy is scheduled for next week.  I know that most biops come back neg, but this description doesn't sound good does it?  What are the possibile outcome of this descriptive report?

Nothing can be said without the biopsy report.

I know you are anxious and scared, but you will have to get the biopsy done and wait for the reports to come in.

A biospy is being done to come to a confirmed diagnosis and rul eout the suspicion of malignancy in the lesion.

Let us know if you have any other doubts and post us about how you are doing.

Regards.
Went to Dr. today with expectation of biopsy.  Dr. was prepared to do a needle type biopsy but said the nodule in small and there was a chance of missing a tissue sample that could be cancerous.  We decided to have an excisional biopsy next Wednesday instead.  Now to play the waiting game again.............It does give me more time increase my faith.
I agree.... my faith has done nothing but increase due to all the waiting!  I do believe the waiting is the worst part of all of this.  I am waiting until the 22nd for my lumpectomy.  I feel like that is an eternity away!  Wishing you well next week for your surgery..

It would be best to realise that your doctor must have decided in your best interest.

It is better to get the excisional biopsy if there is a doubt about the lesion being too small to get a confirmed diagnosis on needle aspiration due to inadequacy of sample.

Talk to your doctor about the biopsy procedure and clear out any doubts that you have.

Let us know about how you are doing, how the procedure goes and also if you have any doubts.

Regards.

Hey! went to hosp. this morning for the removal of my "mass".  I was sent to radiology to have the ultrasound for a wire to be inserted for the location of the "mass".  After searching and searching the tech could not locate the "mass".  She had the radiologist whose fellowship is in ultrasound come and try - no luck.  I said Praise the Lord I was praying for a healing - he said "it's not like it is a miracle".  It is for me!  This mass has
showed up on tests since August 06.  Now it's gone.  Dr. told me to see him in 3 mths and radiologist said a diag. mammo in 6 mths.  Thank you for your help and concern.
Thank you very much

I know you must be relieved on hearing the news!

You need to carry on regular breast self examinations and follow up periodically with your doctor for clinical breast examination. You should get repeat investigations as and when advised by your doctor.

Let us know how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.