Breast Cancer Community
swollen lymph node and a fibroadenoma....what does this mean?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

30yrs old......I found a lump in my left breast around the end of Feb/2010. Didnt worry to much because i know the first thing the MD will say is wait until you have your cycle and if it's still there come back.  So i waited 2 months it was still there.  My MD sent me for an US and the radiologist said that the lump is a lymph node and that's common. Really? Never heard of that one. So as she continues with the exam she finds another lump that i couldnt feel....WOW glad i had the US done. I had the lump biopsied and it came back benign but now i'm worried about this enlarged lymph node that wasn't there on my annual exam in Jan/2010.  What could be making this lymph node enlarged?????? I'm very confused.  Very thankful for any resources/advice on the subject.  Thanks All!
Lymph nodes become enlarged for many reasons but I don't see that the lymph node discovered on film was actually enlarged ... mammary lymph nodes are not uncommon and not really anything to be overly concerned about. Since the other lump was biopsied and found to be benign I see no reason for you to worry about any of the findings. I'm sure the breast will be checked yearly for any change in the lymph node.    Regards ....
Thanks for your response..... My biggest worry is why couldn't I feel this lymph node in January?  Something has changed since then with that lymph node.