Breast Cancer Community
tamoxifen and serious pain and limping?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

tamoxifen and serious pain and limping?

I have been taking tamoxifen for three months now. At first I had some bone pain in my arms and it went away. It then started back much worse and for no apparent reason, and with no injury, my right leg became abruptly very painful  and also swollen.  (x-ray and ultrasound to rule out blood clots are normal) The problem remains serious and I can hardly walk.  I cannot put any weight on the right leg, and especially when I first get up  from a chair or bed. I can only limp and the leg is extremely painful.  My left arm also hurts again and the pain in my leg seems to be moving higher up into my groin and hips as well. The knee is the worst. I thought maybe this was bone mets. It never occurred to me this could all be medication related. Is that a possibility?  Because, if this is the reason, I must stop taking it. I feel like an invalid, and the pain is constant and even vicodin does not even help.

This discussion is related to Tamoxifin (tamoxifen).
1 Comment
I had breast cancer....treaments include chemo.....had a treatment May 2,2008 and was sick at the smell of food or anything but the joint pain i don't understand why its so bad after treatment this time...i'm only 46 and have two more treatments to go then Rad. but my back and hips hurt to were you can sleep,move bend over.....I feel like i'm 80....help to understand