tamoxifen
i have been on tamoxifen since january 4th and i am having some joint and bone pain which just makes me feel kind of achy. i am wanting to know if this is normal and what i could do to help out with this.

This discussion is related to Relieving symptoms of Tamoxifen.
Yes, unfortunately it is normal .... those are the usual side effects of Tamoxifen. You might ask your Oncologist if there is some over the counter pain med. that you might take to lessen the aches and pains.  Regards ...
I have had joint and bone pain since a while after my chemotherapy. I did not start the Tamoxifen until a year after my chemotherapy so I don't think it is the tamoxifen unless you did not have chemo. My doctor says it may be arthritis. Which by the way I never had before chemotherapy. Good luck
My sister is on Tamoxifen since early 2008. As Japdip said,this drug is unfortunately  causing the joint pain and aches she has.My sister never had arthritis nor Chemo before taking Tamoxifen.It was worse in the beginning,but now it's much more bearable.
Best wishes.
All of the estrogen blockers cause bone and joint pain. Mine started during chemo and got much worse with tamoxifen.
Yes, I agree. almost all docs deny that Tamoxifen is responsible for our aches and pains. And these aches and pains are not limited to minor, little aches, but can really cause debilitating symptoms that often can be verified on scans. in my case, I had to have hand surgery and a major bone in my right leg started dying with resulting inability to walk.

These joint problems tend to get better with time in my own experience as well. Kat
It is also a very good idea to have your vit. D level checked which can be done by a blood test. many cancer patients have low vit. D levels, and mine was really, really low. I think that bringing this level back up to normal was the primary reason my leg healed on its own. Kat
A related discussion, joint and bone pain was started.