Breast Cancer Expert Forum
tender nipples
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

tender nipples

I am a male, 44 years old. My nipples and the tissue under them are very tender and sore. I have seen my Dr. and a breast Dr. and everyone says nothing to worry about, but I am. This has been going on since last February and is very unsettling. What could this be and who should I see next. Randy
Related Discussions
242529_tn?1292452814
Dear randi44, Male breast cancer is rare, but one out of every 150 cases of breast cancer involves a man, usually in men over 60 years old. Over the internet it is difficult to say what might be causing your symptoms, they are not symptoms usually associated with breast cancer.  They need to be evaluated in context of history and physical examination.  
2 Comments
Blank
randi---please find a doctor(s) who will do further physical examinations and get you the answers you need.  Do not rule out breast cancer as a cause, just because you are male. Just this year I was told by two consecutive doctors that I should not worry about the lump I found in my 62 year old male breast as being cancerous..  Thankfully, each one did refer me on to another doctor for second opinions until my surgeon removed the lump. He too said for me not to worry since the lesion since it did not look like cancer to him when he operated.  But five days later the pathology report said otherwise.   Mastectomy followed and chemo and chemo is now underway for me,  but at least I now know what was causing the lump and discomfort.  I wish you good luck with this.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank