Breast Cancer Expert Forum
test rezult of ca 15-3

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

test rezult of ca 15-3

Good afternon!

My mother suffurs of breast cancer and she has had the syrgery some months ago and about a week ago she finished the treatment with kimiotheraphy. And now one week after she ends the kimiotheraphy she had done the ca 15-3 test. The results were 27.6 U/ML. Please can you tell me what does it means? What are the normal values of CA 15-3 in a patient with breast cancer and this value is normal or not? Thank you in advance
Dear isti10:  CA15-3 is a tumor marker that can be used to follow breast cancer.  It is not specific and therefore elevations may or may not mean return of cancer.  You should check with your mother's doctor to determine the reference range and what this means in the context of your mother's situation.
From a patient perspective, I was told that everything under 30 is normal, so 27.6 is good. kat