Breast Cancer Community
therapy of breast cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

therapy of breast cancer

my dauther have had the breast cancer.,soakage .we have surgery to extirpate  the cancer ,and checked  no diffuse ,but the HER2++ and FISH+.someone suggest to apply  molecule target therapy.i want to know what mean  the HER2++ and FISH+, and must apply the target therapy.thank you much
1 Comment
I'm not sure I understand exactly what type of treatment you are talking about. If there was no cancer found in the lymph nodes then Chemotherapy (drugs that kill cancer cells) may not be necessary. Radiation is often used either with or without Chemotherapy. Since you did mention HER2 positive your daughter might be given Herceptin (a drug for HER2 + cancers) as part of her treatment.  Kindest regards ....