Breast Cancer Community
thickening

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

thickening

I have been feeling a thickening/mass in my left breast for several months now and my doctor also felt it and the same thickening in my other breast, she sent me for a ultrasound and mammogram which both showed nothing but the radiologist said she could def feel something. If something is large enough to be felt shouldnt it be looked at further even if nothing showed up in the ultrasound and mammogram?I should add I'm only 25 so obvi I have denser tissue than the average mammogram/ultrasound. I just feel like I'm being blown off because what ever "it" is cant be seen and only felt...
1 Comment
I doubt that you are being ignored ..... it is not uncommon for breasts that are dense to feel quite "lumpy" .... Many women in your age group do indeed have very dense breast tissue. Something like this is of much less concern when it is in both breasts and no doubt is a natural occurance.    Regards ....