ultrasound finding
The radiologist told me I had a solid nodule with irregular borders and "it had to come out".  I am still waiting for the biopsy, but after having had skin cancer, I shake at the those words "irregular borders" because I know any skin cancer with that shape is deadly.  Am I being overly concerned.  I am convinced that is what is in my breast is cancerous.
D.

Was a BIRAD classification given to your report? Irregular borders are more common in malignant conditions but not all lesions with irregular borders are malignant or cancerous.

What type of biopsy has been advised?

What is your age and what symptoms do you have? Have you noticed anything abnormal on breast self examination like a breast lump, skin have to say changes or nipple discharge?

Are you seeing a breast specialist - what does he/she have to say about the lesion?

Do not panic and just prepare yourself for the biopsy and do talk about the procedure with your specialist.

Let us know how you are doing and if you have any doubts.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
I do not know what a BIRAD is.  My family doctor and the surgeon could not find the nodule by examing the breast, but the surgeon did point out a "dimpling" underneath the breast.  The radiologist said according to the ultrasound it is 6 cm in diameter (small).  They explained it will be a needle biopsy, withdrawing tissue for pathology.  If cancerous cells are found, then it will be removed and further treatment will be discussed.  Different people say they're usually nothing, but the irregular borders didn't sound good and the radiologist saying it "had to come out" gave me to understand that it wasn't good.  I just turned 70.  

You should just go ahead with the biopsy procedure and wait for the biopsy results to come in. Do ask for a copy of the biopsy report and also discuss the report with your radiologist and your breast specialist.

BIRAD is a classification used by the American college of radiology to classify breast lesions as benign, probably malignant and malignant on the basis of their radiological findings.

Let us know for when is the biopsy procedure scheduled and also about how you are doing.

Hope this helps.

Regards.