ultrasound report
I am 27, no breast cancer in my family and no signs other then this lump and some tenderness off and on.  

I just read my ultrasound report last night for the first time on my palpable lump and it reads: 2.5 cm x 1.3 cm, lobulated lump and then at the very end it says typical of fibroadenoma.  It also says to follow up with surgeon basically if it's bothering me or grows.  

I've read alot on this type of lump and it says that it can be confused with malignancy.  I know I have to get a biospy done and am seeing a surgeon in 4 weeks, but has anyone has this kind of feedback only to find it is in deed cancerous?  Are my chance good that it's not cancer?
Thanks!
Hi there,

Definitely get a biopsy.  I am 32yo and had a so called fibroadenoma too.  Even after my surgeon removed it,  he said he was confident that is what it was.  Mine was not irregular and was encapsulated.  Unfortunately, he was wrong. I have no family hx or risk factors, besides birth control use.  So, I was completely blown away.  Luckily, it was caught early.   Most of the time, fibroadenomas are benign.  You should get it removed though and get a biopsy just in case.   Don't take a chance.  

Good luck and hoping for B9 results!!!

Agree entirely with previous post. I didn't even have a palpable lump! A mass just showed up on a normal 3 yrly mammo and even my GP couldn't feel anything. Safest to get it biopsied and put your mind at rest.
Liz.
Do you remember how big your lump was and if it you would feel tenderness once in a while?
Yes, there is a good chance that your lump will be benign. But, unless you have a biopsy you won't know.
hi i have an enlarge uterus than normal size. my doctor is going to take a endometrial biopsy. i am worry please help me