Breast Cancer Expert Forum
underarm and back pain

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

underarm and back pain

Just about 10 weeks ago I had a sharp pain in my back on my shoulder, it was so painful that my general physician though that I had a cracked bone so he had me do an X ray of the shoulder, nothing came out, he gave me medication for the pain and a cream to massage the area.  The pain comes and goes, 10 weeks later the pain had spread on the side of my breast and under my armpit all the way to my albow and it's so strong that it would not let me sleep, this morning I can hardly use my arm and I feel that the pain has concentrated in the armpit and the bone of my arm.  What could this be and which kind of physician should I see to get something done fast, it's very painful
Dear ollie2009:  This is a breast cancer forum and we answer general questions about breast cancer.  We cannot speculate on why you are having this pain.  Our recommendation is that you see your doctor and get a referral if needed.