underarm pain feels like a pilled muscle
I have had a pain under my arm that feels like a pulled muscle on and off for about 6months, some times feels like it is bruised and causes quite a lot of discomfort i am always aware of the fact that it almost feels swollen well bigger than my other underarm can anyone help?
Hi.

These types of pain in the armpit area can indeed be due to strained muscles, tendons and ligaments.  these are most likely due to stress or fatigue brought about by work.  Some times, the axillary tail of the breast tissues can give rise to pain, especially during the peak of hormonal stimulation (just before the menses).  Treatment for this would include rest, stretching exercises, and pain medications if severe.  YOu may also want to have your breast examined by your primary care physician to determine if there are any problems with the breast.

Regards.
My husband is feeling muscle pain in the underarm area of his right arm.  He says it is very painful to touch but there are no visible outward signs, like a cut, scratch, etc.  When he is sitting, he rolls a small hand towel and puts it under his arm and it releives the pain.  Is there something else we should be doing?  I wanted to do the heat/cold treatment which he refused because of the pain to touch.  I don't know what else to do.