Breast Cancer Expert Forum
underarm

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

underarm

My mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and also has cells in her auxillary lymph nodes under her arm. My question is since last week my underarm area has been hurting like I pulled a muscle. I have not found a lump but this is bothering me. Could you tell me where my lymph nodes are located under my arm? Are they in the pit or above or below? And if you have cancer in your lymph nodes is it painfull or do you feel anything?
Dear softball, We have a system of lymphnodes that run throughout the body.  The axillary lymphnodes are in the armpit.  Pain from lymphnodes is usually associated with an enlargement of the nodes that presses on surrounding tissue and nerves.  Lymph nodes can get larger for a variety of reasons, for instance when you are fighting an infection.
My concern is that I have been feeling very tender under my left armpit and this usually happens every month during my pre-menstrual period, but this seems to be lasting a bit longer. It feels a bit swollen. I've been told from my doctor that my breasts are lumpy because I probably have alot of cysts in my breasts that swell during my pre-mentstrual time which creates the tenderness I feel every month. I have not seen a doctor for the armpit tenderness, but I wanted to ask you what you think. I'm thinking it might be swollen lymph nodes, I'm hoping!.
Thank you
I'm sorry, my comment was actually a question. I'm new to this forum. But your situation just triggered my concern. Please disregard my earlier comment. Thanks and take care.
Hi, I have a concern with these bumps under my armpits. I've had them for awhile and been too embarassed to tell anyone about them. I think they are swollen lymph nodes but I'm not sure. They sometimes are small and painless. Then, sometimes, either one tends to get very large and painful to the point where I can't put down my arm because of the pain. Then they bust and leak yellow-white, green, or clear goo. It's very disgusting.I don't think it might be cancerous, because I'm only 17. Do you have any chance what this might be?
hi
for the last 3 months under one of my arms it gets swollen every so often, i havent been to a doctor but is this anything i should be worried about? It also hurts, i don kno wha it is from but i don kno wha to do. it goes away and then comes back .