Breast Cancer Community
urinary incontinence

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

urinary incontinence

Since I have stopped wearing my estrogen patch due to breast cancer I often have urinary incontinence during the night.  I have read that some others have this problem after starting their chemo, but I have not yet started it.  I never had this problem until my diagnosis 4/5/13.  It is becoming increasingly  worse. :(  Also could it be a combination of the valium I use PRN and the sudden loss of all estrogen?

This discussion is related to Chemo and Incontinence?.
1 Comment
First of all just the stopping of the Estrogen patch would not eliminate all the hormone in your body. You should either discuss this in detail with your Oncologist OR see someone dealing specifically with the incontinence problem. I suppose you are eliminating caffeine from your diet as this tends to be a problem that is often overlooked. Since this is just at night then it might have something to do with the Valium if you take it for the purpose of sleep.  Regards ....