Breast Cancer Expert Forum
very small but hard lump under nipple, should I be concerned?
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

very small but hard lump under nipple, should I be concerned?

I have a very small but hard lump (I almost have to search for it to find it again and it doesn't feel like the other somewhat rubbery lumps in my breast) It is under the outermost part of my right nipple.  I was talking to a friend and she said most cancers in someone my age (31) would be found around the armpit area.  Is this true...should I still be concerned?
Related Discussions
Dear 31concerned:  Although many breast cancers occur in the outer quadrant of the breast (that's where the greatest amount of breast tissue is), there is no rule about breast cancer, age and location.  Lumps can be many things.  However, a new lump generally requires further investigation.  We recommend that you have your doctor examine this and make appropriate recommendations, if necessary.
5 Comments
Blank
I appreciate your quick response and have made an appointment with my primary physician.

Thank you!
Blank
Good for you for following up on this. I,too, found a small, hard lump right near the nipple, had a lumpectomy and found it to be cancerous. Not to frighten you, but just to show you the importance of follow up an any suspicious breast lump. Good luck.
Blank
Is breast cancer common in women in the earlie 20's?
I found a small lump about (pea) size under my nipple..but I just finished my period. Could this be something?

Thank you,

Crystal
Blank
I have a small bump right underneath my breast it's been there fora few months now, should i be concerned, there's no pain at all just a small pimple taht hasn't gone away
Blank
A related discussion, 16 and worried was started.
Blank
A related discussion, I'm only 17... was started.
Blank
A related discussion, cyst under nipple was started.
Blank
A related discussion, Whats your thoughts? was started.
Blank
1608152_tn?1298022611
A related discussion, bit concerned was started.
Blank
Lately I've just had a breast exam but I've noticed that under both of my nipples there a lump about the size of golf ball just a tad smaller but a couple of days after that I've started feeling very tenderness in both breast ... What do I do?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank