Breast Cancer Expert Forum
very small but hard lump under nipple, should I be concerned?

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

I have a very small but hard lump (I almost have to search for it to find it again and it doesn't feel like the other somewhat rubbery lumps in my breast) It is under the outermost part of my right nipple.  I was talking to a friend and she said most cancers in someone my age (31) would be found around the armpit area.  Is this true...should I still be concerned?
Dear 31concerned:  Although many breast cancers occur in the outer quadrant of the breast (that's where the greatest amount of breast tissue is), there is no rule about breast cancer, age and location.  Lumps can be many things.  However, a new lump generally requires further investigation.  We recommend that you have your doctor examine this and make appropriate recommendations, if necessary.
I appreciate your quick response and have made an appointment with my primary physician.

Thank you!
Good for you for following up on this. I,too, found a small, hard lump right near the nipple, had a lumpectomy and found it to be cancerous. Not to frighten you, but just to show you the importance of follow up an any suspicious breast lump. Good luck.
Is breast cancer common in women in the earlie 20's?
I found a small lump about (pea) size under my nipple..but I just finished my period. Could this be something?

Thank you,

Crystal
I have a small bump right underneath my breast it's been there fora few months now, should i be concerned, there's no pain at all just a small pimple taht hasn't gone away
A related discussion, 16 and worried was started.
A related discussion, I'm only 17... was started.
A related discussion, cyst under nipple was started.
A related discussion, Whats your thoughts? was started.
A related discussion, bit concerned was started.
Lately I've just had a breast exam but I've noticed that under both of my nipples there a lump about the size of golf ball just a tad smaller but a couple of days after that I've started feeling very tenderness in both breast ... What do I do?