Breast Cancer Community
waiting for biopsy results

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

waiting for biopsy results

hi, had breast reduction surgery 10 yrs ago....had mammo something very small under 1 cm showed up....had sterotactic biopsy waiting for result....said it could be scar tissue or early stage bc.....can scar tissue form after so many years!
Most of the time scar tissue forms soon after surgery but that's not to say that this couldn't be scar tissue.
A small lump detected in the breast is benign most of the time.
Hopefully the biopsy turns out to be scar tissue or other benign pathology.
Please let us know how things are proceeding,by adding your comment below the answer/s you have received.
Wishing you all the best...
thanks for your replies.  have to wait to sept for surgeon appoint....just being positive that if the nodule or lump was missed in first biopsy that if she has to do it again...it will be benign.  

Alittle upset that radiologist did not give me option of open biopsy...since this thing is supposedly so hard to find!
You welcome!
I am hopeful too that the open excisional biopsy will reveal benign results.
You never know,the first biopsy might have been correct about the results,but since the radiologist is not very sure then it's better to do whatever is necessary to be a 100% sure.
Hang in there and keep positive thoughts which can help you a lot while waiting to see your Surgeon.
Take care now...
  Again thank you for caring! so glad I found this site!