wart on left areola
Hi, I've had a wart on my left areola for more than 2 years now. It is like a small outgrowth, with dark colored skin hanging, about one-fourth of a cm. It is not painful at all (even when I squeeze it). There is no pain in my breast either. 6 months back, it showed it to a doctor who said it's harmless (just a short and casual physical examination)

Two weeks back, I realized it had become almost black with an adhesive-like thing covering it, which I was able to peel off.....no pain. The skin on the outgrowth remained as soft as it was earlier. But a few days ago, I noticed the entire "growth" had shrunk (as if it were burnt). The length of the outgrowth is the same but, like I said, it has shrunk, so it appears very flat (as agianst the full and soft shape it had earlier). It still does not pain. But, what worries me is that, while taking a shower today, I noticed it bled (though very) slightly. I repeat, it does not pain at all, even now with the change in shape / size / color, etc.

Do I have reason to worry?          
Do you have a family history of cancer? Have you noticed any other lump or abnormal feature? The wart needs a detailed clinical examination just for the reason that it is changing shape, size and colour. It is not necessary for a breast skin lesion to be of alarm only when it is painful. You need to get an appointment scheduled at the earliest. It is a possibilty that it has become infected and would then require antibacterial and antifungal ointments. Goodluck.
A related discussion, wart on my right breast. was started.
A related discussion, warts on my breast was started.