Breast Cancer Community
wart on left areola

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

wart on left areola

Hi, I've had a wart on my left areola for more than 2 years now. It is like a small outgrowth, with dark colored skin hanging, about one-fourth of a cm. It is not painful at all (even when I squeeze it). There is no pain in my breast either. 6 months back, it showed it to a doctor who said it's harmless (just a short and casual physical examination)

Two weeks back, I realized it had become almost black with an adhesive-like thing covering it, which I was able to peel off.....no pain. The skin on the outgrowth remained as soft as it was earlier. But a few days ago, I noticed the entire "growth" had shrunk (as if it were burnt). The length of the outgrowth is the same but, like I said, it has shrunk, so it appears very flat (as agianst the full and soft shape it had earlier). It still does not pain. But, what worries me is that, while taking a shower today, I noticed it bled (though very) slightly. I repeat, it does not pain at all, even now with the change in shape / size / color, etc.

Do I have reason to worry?          
-7 Comments
Do you have a family history of cancer? Have you noticed any other lump or abnormal feature? The wart needs a detailed clinical examination just for the reason that it is changing shape, size and colour. It is not necessary for a breast skin lesion to be of alarm only when it is painful. You need to get an appointment scheduled at the earliest. It is a possibilty that it has become infected and would then require antibacterial and antifungal ointments. Goodluck.
A related discussion, wart on my right breast. was started.
A related discussion, warts on my breast was started.