what are the normal range for Ca27.29
can anyone tell me what are the normal limits of the ca 27.29 test my baseline test is a 43 is that normal. My Doctor is out on Vacation I would ask him and the staff wont answer questions of this nature. Ialso have been reading that this test is not that great in detecting reacurrance any info would be great TIA Donna

You can relax and no need to worry so much. CA27.29 can only be of significance if the values increase markedly from the previous time.

Also a progressive rise would be more indicative of a lesion not just a single elevated reading.

Also values <100 are rarely associated with malignancy. Hope this helps to calm you.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Good luck.
Thank you for answering this lady's question.  This is the answer I, too, was looking for.  My baseline reading was 45.  And, although the doctors all assured me that I was an unlikely candidate for a reoccurence of cancer due to a variety of good indicators, the reading did scare me because my oncologist, who had just done a manual exam the previous week, immediately wanted to do a Petscan.  I was surprised that he wanted to do this test which I understand can have complications when all other factors seem to indicate I am doing well after 2 1/2 years past a lumpectomy and radiation.  I suggested we try the test at a later date and he agreed;  but, the worry was still there.  So, thank you for your specific answer.