Breast Cancer Community
what causes pitted breast skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

what causes pitted breast skin

Im 24 and have had a rash on my breast down my arm up my neck and on my side now for a week. I went to the doc she said it looked like poison ivy...yes on my arm and neck it does but not really on my breast. The rash is on my nipple,under the breast, and on the inside. I would be worried but the rash that's on the inside of my breast on my muscle is kinda raised and pitted looking. Now i have looked online and seen the pictures of ibc and my pitting isn't that defined. I went to the doc yesterday and she gave me a shot and antibiotics so they haven't had a chance to work yet but Im driving myself cray with worry. My boob doesn't hurt, its not enlarged, but there are two dark dime size spots. Thought it was just from scratching so much because it is so itchy. Anybody have any advice or any links to pictures that show early ibc. Please anything to ease my mind
1 Comment
I'm sure the areas of rash are all related and it may take some time for the medications to have some effect on it. If you have no change in symptoms when you finish the antibiotics your Dr. gave you I would advise you to return for some additional treatment. You should refrain from scratching as this may cause even more problems. You might give you Dr. a call and see if she could prescribe something to relieve the itching. Regards .....