Breast Cancer Community
what could cause burning sensation in my right nipple

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

what causes burning pain in nipples, feels like the pain is a burning sensation in my right nipple
Hi, you speak of burning sensations in your nipple but do not mention any other symptoms like swelling, redness, a lump, etc.

Usually, 'burning' sensations are linked to a nerve problem, ie. a pinched nerve that could be anywhere, often in the spine area? Even a muscle pressing on a small nerve somewhere?

I am not a doctor so don't take my words as a 'diagnosis'; it's just something to consider, and if it lasts, I would still see your doctor.

But even if you ask on the 'expert forum' they will just say that they cannot  speculate as to the cause of your symptoms without the benefit of a physical examination in person.

Kat
Hello:

Please read what Kat has asked, also include your age and if you have had a mammogram or images and when was the last time. If you had them then explain what was found, if not never mind but please answer what Kat and I have asked. Lack of information leads to wrong answers and no one wants that.

Regards.
Hi there,
As Katarina has suggested,a burning nipple sensation can be caused by a nerve problem.Some men/ women could experience these kind of pain and the causes could be multiple.To name a few, cysts that are palpable or not, hormonal changes in the body, steroid intake, gynecomastia in male breasts,etc...
Eliminating caffeine intake could also help.You know that we are just Community members in this Forum and what we are suggesting here are just guesses and no one can give you the right answer to your problem except your own doctor.....If this burning sensation persists,you should see your prescribing Physician for evaluation and, if necessary, be asked by him/her to take some sort of tests to know for sure what is causing the pain you are experiencing.
Please consult your doctor for your own peace of mind.
Best wishes...and good luck.
A related discussion, Post Lumpectomy Pain was started.