what does a spot mean?
My mammogram showed a very clear, very white, very evenly round dime-shaped spot on one breast.
I'm to have an ultrasound next week. The waiting is horrible, so has anyone had a similar mammogram
result? What are the possibilities? Thank you for your time.
Hi there.

I understand your concern.  Spots found on a mammogram can have several causes.  From what you have described, a very round spot with well defined borders is most likely of a benign cause like fibroadenoma or a benign cyst.  The ultrasound will differentiate if this is solid or cystic.  If your doctor has a suspicion that this can be malignant, then he might suggest a biopsy procedure.  Spot characteristics that will point out to a possible malignancy include irregular borders and characteristic patterns of calcifications.  I hope everything will turn out fine.  Regards and God bless...
I had a mamogram last friday my dr. office called on wed. to let me know they found two spots on my left breast and they needed anothe mamogram so I went in today to do it and they did the spot finder and they found them and tell me not to worry but they must biopsy them and remove them surgely and I am not supose to worry just sit here and wait for them to get everthing set up and they will call me. Can someone tell me how not to worry.I just hope everthing happens soon the spots look like small peas and they are close together. If anone has any advise for me please let me heare from you
Well I am sorry you are going through that. First of all a ultrasound should be done.
And the surgeon at that time determines if you need a biopsy.
It could come back many things that requires bo surgery.

My biopsy came back b-9 for cancer. It turned out ti be a2.5 centimeter fibroadenoma
that i did have removed 2 weeks ago but sometimes they dont need to be removed
Prayers with you -let me know how it turns out