Breast Cancer Community
what does intermediate nuclear grade mean
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

what does intermediate nuclear grade mean

my diagnoses is dcis in situ.intermediate nuclear grade with lobular extension present in 1 of 6 cores.focal atypical duct hyperplasia.  
i am 45 whoes mom and aunt died very young from cancer and also gramma on mom side too. mu dad 75 has rare bone cancer. i am thinking of double mastermony whant no radition or chance of coming back/.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
587083_tn?1327123862
Hi,
Grading refers to the appearance of the cancer cells under the microscope.The grades give an idea of how quickly the cancer may develop.There are three grades 1(low grade)
2(moderate or intermediate grade)
3( high grade)

Grade 1 means low histologic grade and is favorable.  Grade 2 means intermediate histologic grade and is moderately favorable.  Grade 3, on the other hand, means high histologic grade and is unfavorable.

I really cannot advise you or give my opinion regarding your decision for a double mastectomy.Whatever choice you make in accordance with your team of doctors will probably be the best choice in your particular situation.Good luck and God Bless.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank