Breast Cancer Community
what does the mri report mean?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

what does the mri report mean?

My doc is gone for 2 weeks. I got my mri report and it says"post contrast imaging demonstrates homogeneous enhancement within the subareolar region pertaining to a dilated duct. This enhancement is not readily apparent on digital subtraction imaging." They want a repeat ultrasound and core biopsy. I am 52 and scared!!
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
Hi.  A "homogeneous enhancement" on MRI can mean a solid lesion, possibly a lump. Your MRI report states that this "possible lump" is located behind the areola, inside a dilated duct.  Based on the MRI image alone,the radiologist could not determine what that homogeneous enhancement actually is, so he is suggesting a repeat ultrasound and core biopsy to further clarify the diagnosis.  I understand your anxiety over the MRI results, but as of now, you have not been diagnosed with cancer at all. I strongly suggest that you proceed with the repeat ultrasound and biopsy as these procedures will help settle the matter.
Blank
I too have DCIS non invasive but I was just sent for a MRI and the report states Multiple foci of increased enhancement bilaterally scattered throughout both breast most consistent with adenosis. Fibrocystic changes are noted bilaterally on T2 weighted sequences.
What does this mean. I was just told they want to do another MRI Biopsy?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank