what percentage of ah is cancer?
I had a steriotactic biopsy 1 week ago that showed ah. I had a surgical biopsy on monday and  I am waiting for the  results. I wondered if anyone knows the % of ah and cancer. I feel a little frightened , and my family thinks i am being silly for worrying. thanks, laura
None. I assume you are talking about Atypical Hyperplasia; this is sometimes referred to as a pre-cancerous condition but actually it only increases your risk of developing breast cancer in the future. I believe the increase is about 4 to 6 times more than in women who do not have AH. This of course is over your lifetime. As a rule the area is excised which may have already been done in your case since you mention additional surgery following your Steriotactic Bx. Often there is additional treatment after removal depending on the ER/PR positivity response.   Regards ....