Breast Cancer Expert Forum
what to do about a puss filled lump on my areola?

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Today when i was getting dressed I noticed a lump with a white head on my areola.. It was about 4 times the size of a nice sized pimple and my first reaction was to squeeze the stuff out of it. So I got the puss out of it but there is still a small lump under the skin. Might it have something to do with the fact that my nipples are pierced? Even though they seem to be healed fine...

What should i do?
Dear maggotofdoom, The skin on the breast is like skin on any other area of the body and subject to a variety of skin conditions.  If this area does not show signs of healing, or more problems you may want to bring it to the attention of your doctor who can evaluate this for you.  
What could be this?
By: Neelia64, Feb. 20, 2009 at 0023AM
Itchy areola with bumps around my nipple on my breast right side. I tried putting Cortizone but does not even work. It is painful at time when touch and or putting brassier. Please help and what should I do?
i would go to the docs. it might be something simple which they can give you some cream for, but i read somewhere itching can rarely be a sign of cancer, so id go to get it checked out/resolved.