Breast Cancer Expert Forum
when should i get a mammogram?
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

when should i get a mammogram?

i am fourteen and breast cancer runs in my family. my grandmother was a survivor. she had 3 lumps removed and eventually a double masectomy. my mother has had 2 lumps removed in the past seven years. both were benign but one had a possibilty of becoming cancerous. And, although she died of a heart attack, we are pretty sure that my great-grandmother had it too. I know i sound paranoid but i am concerned. i know i am a long way away from getting a mammogram, but since breast cancer runs in my family should i get mine earlier than most people? if so when should i get a mammogram? and if not when is the right age to get one?