Breast Cancer Community
worried bout solid cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

worried bout solid cyst

im a 27 yr old woman..and got a problem with my right side of my breast...the doctor told me that i have a multiple cyst and there is one solid cyst found also...I'm worried coz I think its getting bigger..though i dont feel any pain but still worried what might happen to me...My mother died because of that breast cancer...i'm scared and i need someone to advise and tell me what the best thing to do...I just wanna ask if there is a medicine or a food supplement that can dissolve the cyst or gone without excising it..It is because i have only two big cyst and the other 5 or more are small...If i will go on a surgeon then only the 2 big cyst will be removed and the other(smaller) will still remain in my breast..That's why Im trying to find other option on how to remove it all...Another question is "do a solid type of cyst is cancerous? do i need to undergone biopsy?...it's because my doctor didn't offer me to undergone biopsy coz he said he already know my case is..pls help me what to do..
First of all, a cyst is a benign finding and they do enlarge. There is NO way (food or medicine) that will make these cysts go away. They are either just left alone or removed surgically but this does not mean that others will not recur. A solid cyst may be a Fibroadenoma rather than just a cyst. This is also a benign finding and often these tumors are just left alone but can be removed if they are becoming quite large OR are causing some discomfort.
I think you should see a Breast Specialist and have him/her look at your films and advise you as to what is the best course of action. Some cysts can be aspirated with a needle rather than being removed completely. The Specialist would certainly suggest a biopsy and I'm a bit surprised that a biopsy wasn't recommended by the Radiologist that read your Mammogram or Ultrasound, whichever test you had done. If however no further action was advised by either your private Physician or the Radiologist then they are sure that these are harmless cysts and are no cause for concern. If you aren't comfortable with doing nothing then by all means see a Breast Specialist or Breast Surgeon and see what he/she advises.  Regards ....
hi japdip! tanx a lot for your advise..Yeah and that's what my doctor told me that there is a possiblity that it wil recur after it will removed...You know what, I really felt uneasy to have these in my breast..I want it to remove but as you have said it wil keep on coming back and the other cyst w/c is small are excluded in removing..I just wanna ask if the smaller ones will grow bigger as the day or months goes by? Is there any food or drinks to avoid so that it will stop growing?..

Thanks..
Cysts do tend to increase in size but not necessarily rapidly. It is often advised to cut back or eliminate completely your intake of Caffeine ... coffee, tea, chocolate. Some Dr.s advise a vitamin suppliment but you need to ask your Dr.if this is something that might be of help in your case. I don't know if these things would inhibit the growth of a cyst but it is supposed to reduce the occurance of them.  Take care ....
hi, im 25 no family history of breast cancer, found a lump on left breast 4 months ago and ultrasound says its a cyst, my doctor says i can leave it alone or have it removed its up to me but he was very pushy for surgery what should i do i read on my notes that its grade 2 / group 2 what does this mean ? any info i find on grade 2 relate to cancerous lumps?? if i get it removed what will recovery/ result be like?
You would more likely get a reply, if you ask your question in your own new post.
When you add your queries on a previous post,people will most likely overlook it,assuming you are just adding another comment to the original poster.

PS..To start your own thread, just use the box on the right side of this page where it says "MedHelp Health Answers"or click on the green rectangle at the top of the page"Post a question"
Thank you.