11 weeks and doesn't want to latch
My DD is 11 weeks and we've had a rough breastfeeding history. It took me 3 weeks just to get her to latch. She never fed for very long 4-10 min tops usually on one side only every 90 min. Then at ~8 weeks a doctor told me that she wasn't getting enough hind milk - she had bright orange poop for like a month. He said to basically force her to keep latching 10-15 min on both sides and just work through the fussiness. At that time she would thrash and latch and un-latch over and over. For a short time (~2 weeks) she quit the fussing and would nurse consistently for 10-15 min on her own on each side and started nursing for 30-40 min at night when she was sleepy. I let her fall asleep nursing at night in the rocking chair. She only gets a bottle on Tuesdays when my husband watches her while I go to work for a couple hours.

Now, she will give me nursing signals - bite my shoulder, stick her hands in her mouth and fuss a little and when I put her to breast she will immediately start crying.  She will take a pacifier or my finger but not the breast. I even had to trick her into the breast several times by sticking my finger in her mouth then pulling it out and shoving the nipple in. I also have to give her a pacifier, rock her for 10 min and then she will spit it out and want the breast. Now, I have just been waiting her out. Sometimes and hour will go by and she will finally latch, but only for 5 min or so. She's definitely not eating every 90 min, more like 3-4 hours throughout the day.  She still nurses for 30 - 40 min right before bed time, sleep ~4-5 hours then nurse ~ 10- 15 min a couple times in the night ( every 2 - 3 hours). When morning comes and she is alert, she starts rejecting the breast all over again. She seems to be gaining weight, but I'm worried that she is not going to get enough hind milk again and/or I will dry up! If anyone knows whats going on please help.
Your milk may not agree with her. It happens. Myself and two of my daughters have breastfed our babies. But one of the daughters was was unsuccessful. All of her six children have rejected her milk. Babies can survive well on a good formula. If my guess as to your problem is correct, in your case it would be more healthful than breast milk.
I would call a lactation consultant maybe they can figure out the root of the problem. Or ask the ped and ask to bring her in for weight checks. I'm sorry I don't have an answer
If my milk didn't agree with her I would think there would be other signs of an allergic reaction. She takes my milk fine in a bottle. We both have colds this week and I am taking birth control. Could either of those things have anything to do with it.
Are you on a combo pill? And how long have you been on it? A cold can decrease milk supply and would also attribute to her fussiness. If your milk didn't agree with her you would have had known it from the start. It could also be that she's not getting enough fast enough. I know when I've been sick with a cold my daughter screams and refuses to stay latched on for more than 3 minutes. She constantly goes off and on and arches her back a lot.
Having read all the replies and your response, it would seem that Clysta has hit on the problem. Your breast milk does not come fast enough when she suckles. Aren't babies a confusing lot!!
Thank you all for your input. It has gotten worse with this cold, but the problem started before I got the cold.

Hmm, it seems like my milk comes fast at first because she often chokes on it and I can also hear her taking big gulps. Then a few minutes into the feeding she will get fussy. However, that is more of what goes on in the evening. During the day she won't even attempt to latch. Maybe my milk supply is low during the day and she has gotten so frustrated over the past couple of weeks that she doesn't bother latching anymore??  I really don't think it's a supply problem though because I can see the milk in her mouth when she unlatches sometimes. Sometimes she lets it run down her check.

I am taking a progesterone-only birth control. But, the thought occurred to me that babies get fussy when nursing from a pregnant mommy sometimes. The birth control tricks my body into thinking it's pregnant, and I was wondering if maybe I'm having a similar problem??
What should I do if my milk doesn't come fast enough for her? I know the answer is always breastfeed more, but it's kind of hard when she won't latch.
I've been having the exact same problem except it started 2 weeks ago and my DD is almost 4 months old.  I figured it was because I wasn't producing fast enough because after thrashing and crying at the breast (even if I was engorged) she'd slurp down up to 8 oz in a bottle.  It's really, really frustrating having almost every feeding be a struggle.  You must have a pump, right?  I've been pumping to increase supply and putting her to the breast frequently to see if that helps.  It hasn't worked as of yet and I wonder if it won't work until I try doing away with the bottle feedings completely (which is kind of impossible since I also work a few hours a week).  I'll let you know if I discover anything that helps.
A crazy thought. Is it possible she doesn't like your natural scent, or a perfume you wear, or the smell of your soap, or some other aroma?
I've found this information about fussy feeding on ************ and has been so helpful.

***********************/bf/concerns/baby/fussy-while-nursing.html

I think my little one went on a feeding strike. I think it may be a combination of slow let down and she may be teething, but this last week things got worse with the cold. She went to breast today with mostly no problem - only rejected twice. I have been trying compression while feeding her and that seems to help with her impatience (web link below). When she stops sucking for more than a couple seconds I squeeze my breast and she'll start sucking again. That has made some feedings last longer.

Reading the information on this website made me feel A LOT better. I feel more confident that she is not weaning herself. I was so worried to give her a bottle, but now I feel bad because I probably should have given in a couple of times when she was sick :( Now I know for the future that HOPEFULLY one or two bottles won't derail breastfeeding forever. I don't know about you all, but I have so much anxiety about not being able to provide nutrition for her. My stress is probably affecting her more that anything.

I also found this information about breast compression useful. There are also videos on youtube that demonstrate this process.

http://www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8:breast-compression&catid=5:information&Itemid=17

I just realized that my link didn't post. I'm going to try again. If it doesn't work, the info is on the KellyMom website.

I have thought about my smell. I ran through the checklist and I haven't changed any of my soap products. I don't wear perfume because she ***** on my skin all the time. This is why I thought maybe it was the birth control. She's gotten increasingly fussy since I've been taking it, I decided to go off of it for a while to see if things improve.  Maybe it was changing the taste of the milk? I tried a nipple shield the other day out of frustration and she took 3 ***** and rejected me again. Made me think it's the milk not the nipple? Although, her nose was pretty congested that day as well.