Breastfeeding Community
2 Crazy questions...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

2 Crazy questions...

1.  With breastfeeding, do you find that you hardly ever pee, or pee less often and
2.  Have you found that your sex drive has greatly diminished while breastfeeding.  I just wanna make sure I am not crazy or losing it lol!!
75%
 (6) 
Yes to 1 and 2
25%
 (2) 
yes only to 1
8 Members voted
I have found that I pee less. But I dont drink nearly enough water to substain this hungry baby :p.

My drive is more or less normal. Although less opportunity to 'get to it' these days.
i peed the same

my sexdrive not only diminished- it disappeared entirely. and when i did manage to get myself in the mood, it was not comfortable. my OB told me it was the hormones- not only did they diminish my sex drive, but it is also very common for breastfeeding to cause vaginal dryness. this often makes sex less comfortable, also making you desire it less. add on top of it the exhaustion of having an infant and the physical demands of breastfeeding. the good news is my sex drive returned as soon as i weaned, so it is only a temporary condition.
I didn't vote b/c I've had neither - I pee a ton b/c I'm so thirsty and am constantly (or constantly trying to) drink water and my sex drive is just fine - much better than when I was pregnant!  My son is almost 7 mos.
1) I pee frequently but I also drink a LOT!  I have also noticed that while nursing I often have the urge to pee!  Not sure about that one!

2) I have zero sex drive......
I peed less because i only drank to thirst, didn't drink much caffeine, and tend to hold it longer anyway.

For the second one, it was different with each of them. With Jonathan, I was on depo for the first year while nursing, I had zero drive.

With T, I had Mirena and had a booming sex drive, but a baby who rarely seemed to sleep. So barely any sex had,lol.

With CJ, John had gotten the V and the drive was outstanding. He was easier to soothe so we were not constantly interrupted and it was amazing. The hurdle there was the fatigue.

It is definitely the hormones that decrease the drive, as well as physical exhaustion and a little psychological reasoning thrown in to it as well.
I am SO glad to hear I'm not the only one with NO (literally...NO) sex drive. :( It is really weighing heavily on my mind, and I know DH is getting frustrated but he's too sweet to say anything. But it's affecting our relationship a bit now. Plus we co-sleep with my son who is 4 months old and *still* eats every 2 hours around the clock. My doc said that sex will probably be uncomfortable due to dryness. Thats not exactly encouraging! lol...

I pee about the same but I am so thirsty all the time!! I always have a glass of water nearby.
Thanks to everyone that replied.  It is good to know that I am not alone!!  No one truly understands the demands of bf-ing until you have been there.  I am so glad to have this community to come to!
I think I peed the same or at least I did not notice a change.
And YES I also had a drop in the sex drive department!!!  (I am so happy to hear I wasn't the only one!!)  I hope it comes back after weaning or my dh will be a very frustrated man!!
Ok I'm not crazy that's a relief! I drink a lot of water, bit have found I don't pee as regularly as I use to... Maybe it's being converted to breastmilk. I never knew sex drive could be connected to BF also a relief I just though I was turning into a prude. My DH is quick since he doesn't get it much so that helps with "doing it" more often  good luck
I was constantly thirsty and therefore peed a lot.
As far as sex drive, I'm down to just the morning feed and I've gotten my sex drive back lately. So yes, breastfeeding definitely diminished that for me!! I'm glad to have it back. I thought it was gone forever!! LOL It worried me b/c we are going to be trying again soon!
I have the same things... Pee less and less sex- I just have no drive for it what so ever. Or if I do have the urge, usually hubby is no where around. My daughter co-sleeps with us sometimes and we dont have a very big bed. Our relationship has definantly taken a beating from MarLea's medical issues, lack of sleep, no drive, bf-round the clock, my screwy work schedule etc.

I hope soon things will change so his attitude is better!
pee less
sex drive more
I agree to both, it is trying on hubby and I can understand, but you can't help how you feel.