8 month old refusing to nurse
My 8 month old has been refusing to nurse the last 2-3 days during the day. She still nurses at night and is fine then. But during the day for 2 days in a row, she only nursed a couple times and not very long.
She has recently learned to crawl and she also has 2 new top teeth that are coming through. Is this normal? She already isn't gaining very much weight lately so I feel horrible.
(She will eat pureed food though)
Sounds like she's weaning herself. They will sometimes do that once they get mobile because there is just so many new things to explore. You do want her to still be getting enough to drink in a day so you can try going in a quiet room to nurse so she doesn't get distracted or you could pump and offer her bottles during the day.
It is a nursing strike I'd say, common as baby starts to explore their surroundings. They tend to eat more at night to make up. This happened with my son, I thought he was weaning so gave him bottles instead and that was the end of nursing. My daughter did it too at 10 months, I didn't offer her bottles, just let her nursed when she wanted. For about two weeks she was back to waking for a 4am feed after sleeping through for months. Then she just started nursing in the day again and dropped that 4am feed.
Google "nursing strike", many  mom's go through it.
Sounds like a perfect time to start her on a cup. She may not want to take the time during the day to breastfeed. Also, keep in mind that the extremely fast growth of the first few months slows down and appetites decrease. Most mothers worry when that happens that the baby is not getting enough food.
Thanks everyone. I try and try to give her a sippy cup...she has constipation issues and she will not take one!
I try to go to a quiet room but with a VERY busy 2 year old....that's nearly impossible! lol
She fed normal yesterday and slept better at night.
Hows it now is she back nursing?
She is back to nursing. I think it is her teeth bothering her because she bites me once or twice a day! lol bad baby!!
my girl is like this when she has a tooth coming in