Breastfeeding Community
Anyone ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, breast and nipple care, feeding techniques, inadequate milk supply, nutrition, proper baby positioning, and work and travel issues.

Anyone ?

Im pregnant, 20+4. Im deciding if I wamt to breastfeed my babygirl or use normal milk ? I know breastfeeding is more healthy for the baby. .

Does breastfeeding hurt ? Is it uncomfortable ?
You mean formula? In my opinion breastfeeding is great, it's free, SO good for the baby, it's a great bonding experience, it helps you lose weight, the benefits are never ending! It's uncomfortable the first week or so, just your hormones adjusting makes your nipples tender, a baby latching makes them even more tender, but there's plenty of methods to help with that such as creams, and soothie gels to put over your nipples. After the first week or so as long as your baby is latching on properly (getting lots of aureola in the mouth too, not just the nipple) it won't hurt. For me breastfeeding isn't uncomfortable at all, it's soo great for bonding, she just stares up at me and smiles sometimes, it's the cutest thing ever! I'm also only 16 days past my c-section and I'm back at my pre pregnancy weight, I've lost 30lbs with no change in diet from breastfeeding. Your best bet is to try it out from the start, see if it's comfortable for you or not and go from there, good luck!!
Thaank you so much, I sure will try it (:
I have breast feed all 3 of my girls and plan to with my son that im 24 wks pregnant with but I will tell you that you need to be comfortable witn it to be successful at it and you need to feed them when they are hungery no matter where you are. I know moms that are not comfortable with it and are havng a very hard time with it
First of all I will like to congratulate you. Then, coming to topic I am happy to know that you understand the importance of mother's milk. Initial fear will come but you do not worry, everything will be fine. It is not uncomfortable always some time may be if you are too easy but after all that's motherhood.
Enjoy it.
Take it from someone who was born lazy - breastfeed. No bottles to heat, no formula to prepare, no sterilization, no cost (except a bit of extra food for Mom). Ahh, just sit in your rocking chair reading  while baby chomps away on the best nutrition you can offer. And there is less chance of colic. Some babies don't even want burping.

I could go on and on....
Forgot to answer your second question. I did not have any problems with my breasts. Just treat them gently. When I had my first baby, I read somewhere about how to clean your nipples and all I did was irritate them. So I used my head and just stuck with normal cleanliness.